The pros and cons of developing a mobile app for your small business
Mobile site or mobile app? That is the question. Do you require one or the other, or both? Understanding your businesses’ needs goes a long way toward helping you decide if you should invest the time and money necessary to develop and put into play a mobile app for your business. Does a mobile app make sense for your company? What are the costs, both in building one and in maintaining one? Have you got anyone capable of updating it? You need the answers to these and many other questions in order to really make a wise decision. Let’s take a peek at some of the pros and cons.
The Pros and Cons of creating a mobile app for your business
- Over 50 percent of adult Americans are employing smartphones for consumer and business purposes
- Keeps your brand prominent in the marketplace
- Increases customer retention and loyalty, as the app is constantly in front of them
- App users typically spend a lot more time on apps than on mobile sites
- Usually load faster than mobile sites
- Available offline, though they would need to login to buy, or perform any other action
- A mobile app needs to be developed for each platform, iPhone, Android, Windows, or any other platform
- Mobile apps require ongoing care, both as regard fresh content along with technology updates
- Mobile apps are not as easy to optimize as a mobile website
- Mobile ads may well serve the purpose
- Apps can be extremely expensive! If you go the Do It Yourself route, be prepared for a lot of headaches, as they frequently break, and need to be updated.
We all know there are as many uses for an app than you’ll be able to imagine, however some are better than others. This is an example of how apps were developed in the health care market. By ensuring your app is useful and not a mere novelty goes a long way toward helping you make your choice. While it’s a given that you require a mobile version of your website, the question of whether or not you should shell out what might be big bucks for an app is one you ought to examine carefully. Take the time to weigh the pros and cons for your business before you leap into developing a mobile app!