No email newsletter? You’re really missing out!
Many businesses are of the opinion that the e-newsletter is a tool from days gone by, when we were all connected to dial-up Internet via AOL and “surfed” the web like a herd of turtles with Netscape. Though the e-newsletter has existed a long time, it is still a valuable tool that you will do well to employ. This is perhaps even more true today than before. Anytime you can communicate more effectively and connect with your audience in a meaningful fashion is a useful one. An e-newsletter is an extremely good method to use, build authority and ultimately drive sales. The Direct Marketing Association tells us that every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber reveals that 77% of small business owners report increased revenue by using email.
Your e-newsletter doesn’t need to be boring!
You might have opted in for an e-newsletter in the past and been decidedly unimpressed. Been there, done that! However, your e-newsletter doesn’t need to be has as bland and un-sexy as those. Here are some eye-catching examples of E-newsletters that rock! What’s more, every major email autoresponder service has a wonderful array of newsletter templates, if you are hesitant or unable to design your own. Make sure you engage your readers by resonating with what interests them. Kayak, for example, isn’t simply attempting to tell you about the latest, greatest travel deals, but goes out of their way to sell the idea of travel.
Quick strategies for an engaging e-newsletter
Here are some tips for creating an e-newsletter that gets opened and acted upon!
- Speak as if to a friend – Everyone loves to hear from a trusted friend!
- You want to encourage communication – Be sure you give your readers every chance to respond and use specific calls to action to ask for it!
- Be specific! – Don’t stray from your topic, and most importantly, don’t be boring!
- Offer useful content – More than anything, offer content that’s fresh, useful and that resonates with your list.
- Hit emotional hot buttons – Stirring up emotion makes your writing come alive, and will frequently promote more reader engagement.
Don’t permit this golden opportunity to reach your list in a more substantive way slip by. Create an e-newsletter today!