You’re Crazy Not to Be Using LinkedIn for Your Business
LinkedIn should be ranked among the big three of social media sites, right with Facebook and Twitter. But LinkedIn is actually more valuable for your small business because in contrast to its rivals, this social-media site focuses specifically on business. Quite simply, you won’t have people on LinkedIn posting about how good their oatmeal tasted today.
How smart businesses are using LinkedIn
You operate a business. Your time is scarce. So why should you worry about LinkedIn? Listed below are some ways your peers (there are 1.3 million small-business owners on the network) are using it to their benefit:
- Sharing wins: Promoting your successes is just good marketing. It makes you look good to prospective customers. And with 2 million C-level executives utilizing the site, you might find yourself with a few influential new friends.
- Getting referrals: LinkedIn makes it easy to get peer and client endorsements for the work you are doing. Best part? When someone endorses you or writes a testimonial, everyone within your network sees it in his or her activity feed. This kind of social proof is the BEST way to get new business.
- Finding new talent: If your small business keeps growing, you’ll definitely need to hire new employees. LinkedIn is a great place—scratch that, it’s the BEST place—to find new players to add to your team.
- Promoting events: LinkedIn’s event feature is a game changer! It’s never been easier to spread your message and boost attendance for upcoming events. You can also use their service directory to find a caterer for your gathering. Simple.
- Boosting website traffic: A little-known secret about LinkedIn is that it’s very influential with Google; if you have a presence on LinkedIn, you’re apt to see a jump in search engine visibility, too. More clicks = more customers!
- Getting answers: LinkedIn is a goldmine for advice on operating a successful business. You can uncover great advice from some of the savviest business minds in the world in LinkedIn Answers and Groups. There are over 2000 groups focused on small-business-related topics.
- Finding investors, vendors and partners: It’s a networker’s paradise. Whether you want some capital, a new accounting firm, or a business partner, you’re not going to find a better resource than LinkedIn.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, people. Pay a visit to LinkedIn and set up a page for your small business. Trust me; IT’S WORTH YOUR TIME.