Facebook Ads – The Image is the Thing!
Utilizing Facebook ads generally is one of the most expedient and effective ad platforms for getting visitors to your sites, offers, and for many other purposes for your website. A Facebook Ad campaign is a snap to get going, has great demographic targeting tools, and can be up in minutes. One thing to understand is that the key to receiving the best results and return on investment (ROI) is through the use of the most appropriate and effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s have a look at some useful tips to get the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that produces a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Here are five ways to do exactly that!
- Use high quality images – Because your images are going to end up quite small, make sure you’re purchasing from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our faves. The XS size of available images is going to be fine, as even these are going to be cut down to the size of a postage stamp. (110×80 pixels)
- Crop your photos to deliver maximum impact – Crop your photos carefully to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When using product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting pics will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thereby consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose the best looking images you can find! – Unless you are going for a certain statement, choose the most attractive photos you can find. Everyone is attracted to beauty. Period. This is not to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor whenever you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you have the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! This will surely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some terrific examples of these ad-image principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.