5 Things You Can Do to Move Your Business Ahead of the Competition
Anyone who’s tried understands that small business marketing is not for the faint of heart. Promoting your small business depends upon doing certain things and doing them effectively. The amount of competition we face nowadays is breathtaking, and working out how to get your pages delivering online is tricky.
Here are five necessary steps to get ahead of the game!
- Create a Marketing Plan – A comprehensive marketing plan is crucial to success. You don’t want to leave something to chance. It should be well planned. Map out every marketing element, and how you plan to get it done. At the very least, it should paint broad strokes to success.
- Social Media Marketing – Not just a time waster! Social media is often an enormous source of website traffic and new business. As reported by MediaBistro.com, 91 percent of experienced social marketers see improved website traffic due to social media campaigns and 79 percent are generating more quality leads.
- Build a Mailing List – MarketingProfs.com reported emails averages a ROI (return on investment) of $40 for every $1 spent. This far exceeds keyword ads ($17) and banner ads ($2). Don’t be misled into thinking collecting and building an email list is dead. If you don’t build a list, you are failing to build your business! You just can’t afford to leave such a large source of potential profits for your competition.
- Video Marketing – Connect with all the local traffic that’s out there in search of your business. Video marketing in this space is a relatively untapped vein, and having a simple video advertising your wares on page one of Google may result in tons of traffic and authority coming to your web site! According to the research company Forrester, any given video stands about a 50x better chance of appearing on the first page of Google than any given text page.
- Gain a Mobile Presence – Microsoft reports that by 2014 mobile browsing will overtake desktop browsing. If your company does not have a mobile presence, then you will become invisible. Therefore your small business’s website better start optimizing for mobile users and it should do it quickly. Right now, the numbers are encroaching on the 50 percent mark. Are you ready?
Don’t Make the Mistake of Going It Alone!
No one is a superhero and you don’t have to be. The realm of online marketing is always changing and evolving. You need to learn what is working now, learn from the best, and hire the best outsourcing you can find. In the end, it will pay off greatly!